3rd Annual New York Talent Contest
Please read the instructions carefully and click to fill in the application at the bottom.
The 3rd Annual NEW YORK TALENT CONTEST 2011 (NYTC 2011) is hosted by NYTV8.com and produced by 8 Production. NYTC is the first integrated talent competition aims at fostering and encouraging all multi-cultural talented. Not only the first-ever combination of bilingual local community event and TV program, NYTC is also a stage and media network for contestants to show their talent techniques. NYTC is opened to contestants who have one or multiple talents such as singing, dancing, martial arts, magic, comical skits, etc. NYTC 2011 will be broadcasted through NYTV8.com – with worldwide audience over 24 countries, Charming China – IPTV serving over 700,000 audiences, and social media networks like Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, etc. This year, NYTC 2011 continues to serve the community and to enlarge the competition into NYC’s feature event.
Winners will have the opportunity to participate in NYTV8’s TV programs or become contracted artists: NYTC 2009 Champion Aaron Huang is now a contracted singer in SONY Music; NYTC 2010 Champion Belinda Wang won an audition at China’s famous Bien Liu Nian production Company; 2009 NYTC Finalist Diana Hsu hosted and performed at “Why Voting Is Important” Event in Columbia University; 2009 Finalist Michelle Kaszuba is now the TV host in NYTV8; 2009 Finalist Michelle Wang participates in Broadway Musical Performance; 2009 Finalist Young Luo entered “Million Star” Season 6 in Taiwan and performed in TV Series in China. 2010 Finalist Reni Mimura is now a famous Japanese Cosplay idol in NYC; Lulla Miyuki Band is a famous Manhattan Pub music band.
Judges will score base on the following criteria: Variety of Talents, Audience Affection, Talent Technique, Visual Value, Integrity, impression and the possibility of receiving contract offers from agent companies, and Online Voting Results (please refer to the Internet Voting Area on www.nytv8.com).
- Contestants who enter the semi-final round and the final round cannot repeat their previous performance. If the performance is repeated then NO score will be made.
- The judge panel for the New York Talent Contest includes professional models, actors, actresses, dance teachers, music teachers, singers, musicians, production managers, agents, martial arts teachers etc. Contestants should be aware of their attire and physical appearance during all rounds as the entire competition will be broadcasted through NYTV8.com and viewable worldwide.
- The Champion receives cash prize, gifts, trophy and certificate of achievement;
- 1st Place Winners receive cash prize, gifts, trophy and certificate of achievement;
- 2nd Place Winners receive trophy and certificate of achievement;
- 3rd Place Winners receive certificate of achievement;
- “Most Popular” award goes to the contestant(s) who receive(s) the most online votes and will receive trophy;
- Outstanding contestants will be able to participate in NYTV8’s future programs and events;
- Outstanding Semi-Finalists’ performing videos will be put on Talent Star Program and will be broadcasted on www.NYTV8.com and will have chance to have audition at film or music companies.
Eligibility and Rules
- No age limit (applicants under 18 must have legal guardian or parent's authorization), no ethnicity, nationality or language limit;
- Performance must be safe and family friendly. Violent or obscene performances are prohibited;
- Contestant(s) can be individuals or groups.
Deadline for Submitting Applications is on July 9, 2011 at 12:00pm
Application Fee and payment method
- Audition Fee: $20 (by cash payment or Paypal);
- Semi-Final Round Fee: $20 (Only for Semi-Finalists and accept cash payment only);
- Final Round Fee: $20 (Only For Finalists and accept cash payment only).
* All Fees are non-refundable.
How to Submit Your Application
- Participants can submit their applications through NYTV8.com’s home page. Click on online application to submit;
- Or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
|Audition is on 7/9||Location: SkyViewCenter, Flushing;|
|Audition is on 7/16||Location: Pending;|
|Semi-Final is on 7/30||Location: SkyViewCenter, Flushing|
|Final is in August||Location: NYC;|
- Recent picture of yourself (your group);
- Picture or video of your past performances (if available);
- Detailed description of your talent content;
- Expected run time of your talent content. Limit for audition is 1.5 minutes, limit for semi final round is 3 minutes;
- Any CDs or DVDs for your talent content. Any other relevant materials. For special requests please email email@example.com.
I. Competition Material:
- If contestants are using background music for their performance, these must be submitted before competition with USB, CD or DVD. Materials are not accepted on the day of the event.
- Music materials must be in MP3 format, and you must make copies of all materials submitted, they will not be returned.
- Contestants must use permanent marker to record on the USB, CD or DVD the following: (1) full name, (2) cellular number, (3) contestant number, (4) name of the song or music. Any materials with missing information will not be accepted.
- Contestants’ USB, CD or DVD must only contain one background music or song to avoid technical delays.
II. Reminders for Contestants:
- Contestants must abide by the instructions of NYTV8’s staff and crew members.
- Please remember to respect the other contestants; judges, and NYTV8 staff members.
- If there are any changes to the contestant(s)’ performance, NYTV8 must be notified 7 days prior to the date of the competition.
- Do not repeat your prior performance, otherwise NO SCORE will be made.
- Contestants must email a picture and resume of yourself or your group, and a portfolio of your past performances (if applicable).
- Bring your own pen and paper to take any notes on the day of the conference. Contestants are required to comply with the above rules or this will negatively affect the contestants’ scores based on their level of cooperation.
All applicants agree and understand that any and all physical materials, ideas, plans, emails, graphics, images, and other such materials submitted to this contest will become the exclusive property of NYTV8.com and release all copyrights to NYTV8.com. No submissions will be returned unless explicitly agreed to by the organizer in writing. Please send in a copy and not the originals to our office. NYTV8.com may use submitted material for any purpose deemed suitable. NYTV8.com is not responsible for typographical errors. Contest details may change from time to time, and will be announced on NYTV8.com’s website. Although NYTV8.com will make every effer to update the contest rules as they are approved, contest rules will become binding upon approval by the the organizer even if there are no updates to the website. Please check NYTV8.com for the competition’s latest updates. Applicants’ approval are subject to additional agreements.
Make sure to bring photo identification to ALL rounds. If you do not have a photo ID, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact number call to discuss what substitutions, such parental consent, or other valid documents can be submitted/accepted.